This is the second book in the Forever Friends series, about an animal shelter called Forever Home
What I liked:
1. All the nerdy references. LotR, Sherlock, Neil Gaiman.
2. The humor. I laughed out loud quite a bit.
3. Younger man/older woman
4. The reconciliation at the end. It was well done.
5. The retirement community storyline, including older folks finding love!
What I didn’t like:
1. The clichéd way the characters didn’t talk about their feelings for one another and “broke up” because of their lack of communication. It’s lazy.
2. Some authors are really good at writing the sexy times. Unfortunately, this isn’t one of them. The different names she uses for things took me right out of the story and it really wasn’t hot at all.
3. The dog fighting storyline
So there was more good than bad, but I was disappointed with this book because I liked the first one quite a bit. I am looking forward to Dax’s story because he’s been my favorite character since the beginning of the series. Forever Found will be released on October 9th.